ALDI 10" bandsaw is available online now for £150 if you're quick

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcb1962

Established Member
Reaction score
here
Not quite the bargain it once was
See Peter Millard's videos for details

Last edited:
here
Not quite the bargain it once was
See Peter Millard's videos for details
To be clear this is a 10” saw, the one I (and many others here) had was an 8”/200mm, so a slightly different animal. Also the Ferrex range seems to be tools Aldi have sourced themselves in the Far East, rather than the old Workzone range, which were mostly branded (eg Scheppach) tools, rebadged. 👍

I just put Aldi bandsaw into Google and this fearsome looking beast came up. I’ve never seen anything quite like it before I’m not at all sure what you would use it for, but I’m sure somebody on here will enlighten me.
17544B34-A1F0-468E-8E39-F6DB6C3E2431.png

They are selling a little palm router that looks pretty identical to my Bosch one for £35 absolute bargain!
Those step drills for £5 is very cheap as well.
Thanks Ferenc, that would be why I didn’t recognise what it was for! It still looks bloody dangerous!

Step drill for a fiver isn't cheap if it doesn't work. I have some good gear from LidldeeAldee - - but I wouldn't buy cheap saw blades, drill bits etc. they tend to be junk.

I concur regarding the saw blades, drill bits and forstner bits.

Looking at the Spec though described as a '10 inch bandsaw', I can't see where 10" comes into it.

The Spec says cutting height is stated as 120mm (4.5 inches) and the table is described as 30cms x 30cms. (1 ft square). So 10 inches can't be correct for either the cutting height or the throat. Nevertheless, at the price, it looks like a lot of bandsaw for not much cost. I have an Electra Beckum 'BAS315' 6” bandsaw which I was lucky enough to buy second-hand for £150 in 2003. It was little used and like new. It cost the original owner £450 in 1993, which equates to £850 now. On that basis, the Aldi one with a 3-year warranty looks remarkable value for money, and it comes with a mitre fence too. I dare say that before anyone on the forum gets chance to buy one, put it to the test and review it’s performance, they’ll all be gone!

Looking at the Spec though described as a '10 inch bandsaw', I can't see where 10" comes into it.

Probably the wheel diameter, so the throat will be 10" (more likely 250mm) minus whatever bit of frame needs to come between the return run of the blade and the table. The Record BS250 has a 240mm throat.

Last edited:
Re step drills, thanks I won’t bother then. I bought a 1 inch conecut years ago, not from Lidl/Aldi it’s still going strong a brilliant tool.

Does anyone have a bandsaw with a similar capacity to this? I would be interested to know what it’s capable of. I’m tempted by the Aldi bandsaw at that price but is it realistic to expect it to be able to re-saw hardwood stock into thinner boards for example?

Oops I may have just bough one. I figured worst case I can refund it at my local Aldi. Also does anyone have any opinions on the drill press they are selling?

Does anyone have a bandsaw with a similar capacity to this? I would be interested to know what it’s capable of. I’m tempted by the Aldi bandsaw at that price but is it realistic to expect it to be able to re-saw hardwood stock into thinner boards for example?
As long as you only need 30mm wide boards. :LOL:

I have the smallest Axminster Craft bandsaw (slightly smaller than the Aldi) and I've been pretty impressed with its cutting ability - resawing up to about 40mm hardwood is the deepest I've done (so far) but went through it easily (that's with a wide-ish blade). The downside is that the fence needs a bit of fiddling to get it square/parallel to the blade as the gauge and locking mechanism is a bit basic.

For the money I'd have gone for the Aldi if I didn't have the Axi.

I've been toying with the idea of getting a bandsaw, not because i NEED one but just for the experience, since I never had or used one. However I dont want to get one unless it would be used.
I am wondering for instance, how long would it take to saw an 8 ft length of 38mm softwood?
Would it do it as quickly as a 10 in table saw?

Back