Alcove unit and shelves

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I started another job yesterday. It is a small alcove unit and separate shelves. I built the shelves as a torsion box construction to give better strength to weight. I got these all finished yesterday.
DSCN2880.jpg

Yes there is a lot of them 8 in all! :roll:
This morning I started work on the unit which will sit below. This unit is to have slab sliding doors with a chamfer around the outer edges. By the end of the day I had got most of the unit complete. :D
DSCN2878.jpg

Happily for me the customer is going to paint them. :D Will get the doors cut tomorrow and then I am just waiting for the sliding gear to arrive. should be fitting it next week.

Thanks, I used the Jason sliding door gear from ironmongery direct. I prefer the Bahco units as they are adjustable but funds wouldn't allow me to use those as it is being made on a budget. They do work well enough though.

I got the alcove unit and shelves fitted today. I took some photos of them but will return once they have been painted.
DSCN2909.jpg

DSCN2911.jpg

DSCN2910.jpg

Customer said I WILL be returning and she will recommend me to her friends. :D

Back