Airless paint sprayer hire recommendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bp122

Expert at Jibber-Jabber
Reaction score
Hello all

Finally a new shed has been erected in our garden, months after demolishing the old one. I didn't do it, of course.

Now that the shed is finished, I need to paint the damn thing because of a colour scheme from swmbo.

Few questions:
1. I assumed it must be easier to hire a quality airless sprayer (I don't want to buy the thing) and do that job rather than painstakingly brush / roller the thing. What would be a good hire place that one can suggest on here?

2. Do i need to apply a clear varnish coat after the layers of paint?

3. Do I need to coat the inside of the shed or is it just outside?

The shed is not a living space or an office, it is just a shed, so I'm not bothered about how it looks on the inside, but will do it if it really is required. But the wife wants it to look nice.

Thanks in advance.

You can buy a high volume low pressure sprayer very cheap which can handle most paints and are quite easy to clean up. For airless I guess you'll have to Google hire places. Cuprinol sell a fence paint sprayer which looks exactly like a plant sprayer and I have successfully used a small plant sprayer for preservative in the past.
I don't think many finishes would need a varnish on top. Sprsying a silicone waterproofer onto bare wood cladding does keep it cleaner especially in the splash zone near the ground, so you could consider that
I presume your shed is made with treated timber so no need to paint inside unless you want to.

Back