Airless and HVLP sprayers..problems

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teckel

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello guys.
I have an airlessco lp400 airless sprayer. Problem with this is that when I switch it on the motor will give a bit of turn and then stop. Anybody have an idea as to what the problem is??

I also have an accuspray 10 hvlp spraygun that is leaking at the back of the needle housing in front of the trigger and is leaking out onto the trigger. I took this apart and changed o rings and its still the the same. Any idea as to how to repair this??

Thanks in advance
Teckel

Dibs-h":1vfeo7f1 said:
Teckel

You may have a blockage in the pump which is why the motor is cutting off.

HIH

Dibs

Thanks Dibs for your reply.
I took it apart right down to the piston and gave it a thorough clean. It's still the same as regards the motor cutting out.
Would it be electrical??

Sorry, no help to you, but just a quick 'heads-up' regarding sprayers.

I've just bought the entry level Earlex Spray Station from Amazon (as new £34 inc del). Wasn't expecting much, but very happy (and surprised) with the results. I've got 8 6-panel colonial doors and 9 louvre doors to paint (eggshell) and this is now a pleasure rather than a pain.

Teckel":3776ln7e said:
I have checked brushes and plugs. Any connections that I could check I have.
Beats me now anyway!!

Most likely a fault with the PCB as shown in the manual - in the electrical trouble shooting section. Might be worth a call to them to find out the cost of a replacement PCB. Might not be as expensive as you think.

Dibs

Dibs-h":3b1odgze said:
Teckel":3b1odgze said:
I have checked brushes and plugs. Any connections that I could check I have.
Beats me now anyway!!

Most likely a fault with the PCB as shown in the manual - in the electrical trouble shooting section. Might be worth a call to them to find out the cost of a replacement PCB. Might not be as expensive as you think.

Dibs

:shock: :shock:
Pressure sensor is €160+vat and a PCB is €320+vat

Teckel":17cbya2s said:
:shock: :shock:
Pressure sensor is €160+vat and a PCB is €320+vat

Proper toys aren't cheap! :wink:

Dibs

p.s. The motor is DC - worth checking the voltage to the connectors is constant and\or check the PCB for dry solder joints or broken joints. Even a visual examination might show a problem.

It's the pressure sensor that is causing the problem. Any parts suppliers for airlessco over your way lads that might have this part at a good price??
Thanks

Back