Air shield as gloated by Philly

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Chas

Thank you for making my day.

Cheers
Neil

PS I picked up some old copies of Practical Woodworking, six for five pounds, at Stoneleigh and there was a letter regarding batteries for the Airshield. Apparently you can buy two, compatible, batteries for less than twenty pounds and a charger is about a fiver. All from Maplin.

I think the Triton respirator is the best. (I did try the Trend one at the Yandles show)

The Triton model also has ear muffs, which work and give the helmet more stability because they clamp to the ear. I purchased mine when on holiday 2 years ago in Australia but there is an agent in Holldand selling Triton respirators but at a much higher price than retail in Oz. I expect an Australian retailer would post to the UK (for money) support from Triton australia was excetional a replacement part (modification) was received here in around 4 days when requested by me.
A second motor and battery assembly would be a good investment though as recharging time is extended (14 hours) for around 5 hours use.

devonwoody":1im5ebuv said:
I think the Triton respirator is the best. (I did try the Trend one at the Yandles show)

The Triton model also has ear muffs, which work and give the helmet more stability because they clamp to the ear. I purchased mine when on holiday 2 years ago in Australia but there is an agent in Holldand selling Triton respirators but at a much higher price than retail in Oz. I expect an Australian retailer would post to the UK (for money) support from Triton australia was excetional a replacement part (modification) was received here in around 4 days when requested by me.
A second motor and battery assembly would be a good investment though as recharging time is extended (14 hours) for around 5 hours use.
The triton respirator failed the one hour air through put test required by CE so it was not imported to the UK

Seems that there is a batch of Airshields in the States with defective face shield plastic.

I think I might have one of those too. Not major cracks but a crazing and the hole at the bottom where the frame clips into the visor is bigger than it should be.

Will contact Trend and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Tim

Back