Air Powered Tools ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

My local "ToolCentre" has an offer on with air tools. As I am in need of replacing a number of my bench power tools I was considering Air Power vs Electric. But how does one compare power output ? For example , Screwdriver or sander.
Has anybody had any experience with airpower tools bar the "Everybodies Got" Nail Gun ?

I used to use a few different airtools when I was coachbuilding, drill, screwdriver, windy spanner etc and used the airpowered reciprocating saw and spreading and cutting jaws when I was in the fire brigade. But I am far more at home with electrical powered tools. Less noise, no rubbish flying about and no compressor constantly going because airtools take a lot more pressure to keep going than nailguns.

All the best

drew

All true, continuous operation air tools only make sense in a plumbed in air environment. At many large workshops there's a large reservoir compressor outside in a sound proofed shed or at least sited awayf rom the benches. Have a look next time you go to a tyre fitters.

Martyn

Back