Air nail guns

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You haven't stated whether you want a frame nailer or finish nailer but I've got 2 air finish nailer, a Makita which is excellent and then I bought a Parkside nailer/stapler which is excellent value. If I had to decide now I've have settled for the Parkside which I bought new on eBay earlier this year. Lidl sometimes sell them. I used the Makita to nail down 12mm sarking on a 9m x 4m roof (fired a lot of nails) and it performed perfectly. I've only used the Parkside occasionally so far.
Mike, not sure of difference but just for light work (not fencing or roofing) so probably a finish nailer. I'll have a look at Parkside as I've bought a few bits of that brand. What model is it please?

I have a drawer full of knackered air nailers, I have tried the lot, axminster, makita, parkside, nutool, etc etc must have 20 in various states of knackeredness.
The only ones which truely last are Omer.

I have a drawer full of knackered air nailers, I have tried the lot, axminster, makita, parkside, nutool, etc etc must have 20 in various states of knackeredness.
The only ones which truely last are Omer.
only only double the cost of say a bostitch 😂 i was trying to find middle ground which is unusual for me, like most of my tools, its for occasional use, but i dont like cheap and cheerful as ....well...cheap and cheerful

Mike, not sure of difference but just for light work (not fencing or roofing) so probably a finish nailer. I'll have a look at Parkside as I've bought a few bits of that brand. What model is it please?

This is the one, take a look at the comments below the vid and the replies as it shows which nails and staples fit it.

There are currently at least 4 for sale on eBay. These type of nailers fire pin type nails, I've used my Parkside as a stapler to nail up a picket fence and it did a great job. I've just remembered that the max nail length for the Parkside is 40mm whereas my Makita is 50mm; both are 18g. This article might help you:
https://toolsbit.com/16-vs-18-gauge-nailer/
When gluing up wood they are very useful for pinning two pieces together. Hope this helps

Also note the comments above, the Parkside and its like are only designed for occasional use and you do need to keep them oiled (either use an inline oiler or 2 drops in the airline inlet before each use). If you intend to use it on a daily basis you may want to consider spending a lot more on a better quality one and installing a more efficient lubricator like this one Clarke CAT162 Air Line Lubricator - Machine Mart - Machine Mart bearing in mind that this needs to be in a separate air line from those air tools that shouldn't be oiled (paint sprayers, tyre inflators etc.) ;)

I’ve got the Ryobi 16g one and it seems to work well although I haven’t used it tons. I have used 20, 38 and 50mm in it and seems fine without issue even in 10mm quadrant for example. First nail gun owned so nothing to compare with (other than by reviews) but already having Ryobi kit/batteries it made sense. ITS was cheapest by a mile when I got it.
Off topic but strangely one of our dogs barks at the noise of the Ryobi but doesn’t seem to mind the hundreds of nails I’ve used in the Paslode 360 whilst building summerhouse!

I have a compressor, so it just makes more sense without the need to recharge batteries or use gas cartridges
I’ve recently bought the Mikita AF506 18g air nailer, with variable strike force it has been a perfect tool building my drawer system and now finding many othe uses making the french cleat system. Best quality one I’ve ever owned, hopefully the last.

I’ve recently bought the Mikita AF506 18g air nailer, with variable strike force it has been a perfect tool building my drawer system and now finding many othe uses making the french cleat system. Best quality one I’ve ever owned, hopefully the last.
I ended up with a bostitch that should arrive tomorrow, they seem to be trusted and i havent heard much of anything else except battery/electric :/

decided to buy (on Christmas list) the Parkside electric one. Can use up to 32mm brads which is more than enough for my work. Thanks for all the tips

I ended up with a bostitch that should arrive tomorrow, they seem to be trusted and i havent heard much of anything else except battery/electric :/
Agree, I only wanted air powered and was left between the Bostitch and Mikita. I just dropped Mikita side of the fence.

Agree, I only wanted air powered and was left between the Bostitch and Mikita. I just dropped Mikita side of the fence.
well it arrived and i soon found out 2 things, On the bostitch site it comes with a thousand brads.....empty box ggrrrrrrr and the airline i got from SGS just keeps popping off so i had to get some replacement fittings.

cant believe you cant even get hold of brads locally, had to order from Amazon so tomorrow ill find out if it works lol

Back