Air nail gun packed up

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnold9801

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an 18g Axminster air nail gun which has recently packed up. I have had it a while and it’s been a marvellous tool. It’s easy to take apart and it appears there’s not much to them. I replaced all the rubber seals but it’s still not firing.

Can anyone give me advice on how to repair it and highlight the problem?

I know they aren’t expensive, but I really would like to keep and repair it.

Stay safe!

Arnold9801

Have you fired it without there being nails in the the cartridge?
Does it have a fail safe to prevent firing if there aren’t nails present?

No!but i will try and see I feel that does anything. I’ve taken it apart several times and can’t find out what’s wrong with it. Frustrating!

Does the piston move freely and does the trigger open the valve and let air through. You will need to bypass any interlocks to test the latter. Other than that there is not much else to stop it working.

I had the same gun and the same problems,I replaced O rings and thoroughly cleaned and reassembled but still no joy I ended up buying a new Workzone one from Aldi,still going strong after 5 years of fairly frequent use.The only thing with the Workzone one is that it marks the surface of the wood so not much use for fine work.Buy a new one.

Have you made sure the firing pin is returned, if it is anything like mine it won’t fire again if the pin is left in the forward position, ensure this is in it’s rearward position and try again. Good luck.
Richard

Back