air filter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Could you help with advice concerning an air filter. I am half way setting up a sort of second workshop in my bungalow and did not realise the extent of the dust problem. It will be mainly for scroll saw work housing two scroll saws, a drill press, belt/disc sander, bandsaw and a few other things. I will have a numatic dust extractor that will be connected to each machine as I use it but I wold like to get an air filter, the room is 10 x 8 and I have looked at the small Microlene which is £100 and the small Jet which is £200. I have heard the Microlene is quite noisy whereas the Jet is quiet in comparison. I have heard it makes about the same amount of noise as a household vacuum cleaner. Not many suppliers give the noise levels on the machines they sell for some reason. I would like your views before I splash out my hard earned dosh. Many thanks.

Geoff.

I have the smallround Microclene and I can confirm it is prettynoisy. Very effective but I don't use it much because of the noise.

Jim

I did some tests with a Microclene and an Axminster - no difference in dB levels but the frequencies are different and the Microclene just sounds louder?

Rod

Back