Air compressors & headless pinner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orcamesh

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm considering buying an air compressor and a bostitch TU-216-2330K 23g headless pinner. e.g.

http://www.betcofasteners.co.uk/shop/bo ... -30mm.html

but not sure what kind of compressor I should get for this.

Can anyone suggest one which would do the job? Obviously I want to keep costs down but also don't want a poor quality one or compressor which is not man enough to do the job.

I'm not going to be running sanders, drills and polishers etc, only the pinner, maybe an airbrush and a dust blower.

thanks
Steve

I have a little 4.5 litre Stanley compressor - Stanley DN/8/5 - that was about £100 from Screwfix. Not too noisy and powers a 16ga nailer without any trouble, so should do a headless pinner easy. Works great for occasional use, though if it was something I'd use all day long then I'd look for something bigger.

HTH Pete

Ok thanks gents. Looks like if you're spending all day nailing then a bigger capacity tank is needed. But for occasional/hobby use then waiting for the tank to refill is less of a problem. I'll take a look at your suggestions, cheers

Sgs engineerings compressors are good, i have one of the 24l for site work and is quicker than the equivalent stanley and sealey versions... Quiter than my old one too.

Bradshaw Joinery":2evu7uqh said:
I bet there isnt a piece of wood in touching distance that is pin free now Orcamesh?

Haha, yeah, everything has been nailed down so no one can nick anything! :shock: :)

Back