Air compressor spray gun

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok i am new to air compressor spraying and i am thinking of spraying a outdoor table and chairs not paint .What should i be looking for regarding vanish or lacquer or even both ?do they come ready mixed for the guns ? any advice would be gratefully received mock

You will have to thin to suit. Easy to do but you need a viscosity cup to test it and a filter to pour it through. Will say what the solvent for thinning is on the tin. A lot of them are water thesr days.

I would seriously consider water based just for ease of cleanup and lack of toxicity when spraying (though you'll still need a mask for dust of course).

What do you guys recommend for use on a outdoor table green wood freshly planed ? mock

A G&T, preferably in a tall tumbler with ice. :)

I wouldn't paint it, I'd use something like boil linseed or some other form of penetrating oil such as tung or danish.

I wouldn't paint or finish any green wood for outside use with anything other than an oil. If green wood is all you have just put oil on it for a couple of years and let it slowly do its thing, then once it has had a chance to dry a bit then would look at a good heavy sanding and then refinish. Paints etc are really meant to be used on wood that has finished the majority of its movement, so kiln dried or wood that has had a long time to air dry. Green wood will move enough that it will break the surface integrity of any other finish than oil.

Latest posts

Back