Air canister

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samwise-thebrave

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, as we are all very aware, saw dust is a big problem for all of us in one way or another!

So although I don’t have too many issues with sawdust all over my garage floor, I think it would be better not lying all over my compound and table saws. One Idea I had of getting rid of this was using an air canister, any thoughts on this?

Or any other similar priced solutions? 😊

Thanks
Sam

As above, vacuum up as much as possible, much healthier. If you have dust left in very hard to reach areas (like my shop) then when the weather is good I open up all the doors and use the air compressor to blast all the dust out and let the wind take it away. Do this on a windy day though and make sure your neighbours cars aren't nearby!

even if u clean up with a vac it's the airbourne dust that settle's on everything....
for airbourne dust I use this...cost nowt.....
100_2174.jpeg

I actually use 3.....one above the lathe, saw and one in the center of the shop.....
I run them all day when machines / sanding is in operation.........
u'd be suprised how much cleaner the air is......think they are rated at 11cu/m per hour.....
besides in winter u keep the heat in.....

I'm sorry but any perceived improvement in air quality is just a placebo.
11 cu/m per hour is nothing, even the cheapest bathroom fan will pull more than 5x times that. Also that is without any kind of restriction like a filter, for which they are not designed, free air movement only. In the size shop you have you need something way bigger than that. The record air cleaner is rated at 700 cu/m per hour and that is with all it's filters etc in place. It would be the absolute minimum for a shop of your size and possibly even then it's undersized.

Back