AGS10 3 phase to single phase conversion

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit of an update on this, I still haven't finished it, but should be soon. Sorry to quote myself but think I should clarify my statement below from earlier in the thread

Farmer Giles":162ga9dq said:
Secondly, the DoL starter switch, check to see if it will also work on single phase, the one I have does and it gives the wiring diagram inside the box, but I believe that some makes of contactor in the DoL don't. I was expecting to pod out £30 quid plus, so this was a pleasant surprise.

It was true that I can wire the DoL starter switch in single phase mode, I did. However there are two catches that make it pointless.

First I would have to replace the coil on the contactor to 240v, it was 415v and now I have converted it to 240v single phase, it won't pull the contactor in when you press start without a little assistance.

Secondly, the current overload part would need to be replaced with a larger value device as it is pulling more current from a single phase so trips all the time.

Which effectively means you need a new DoL starter, there's only the box left and it is cheaper and less hassle to buy the whole thing than the components.

I'm hoping I'll get time to fit a new DoL starter over Christmas, a friend in the trade is getting one for me.

Cheers
Andy

Back