AGS 10 not holding a blade in place

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingAether

Eternal noob
Reaction score
Have i dropped a part such as a washer or put something together wrong here as it isn't locking the blade in place. Its the blade that came with the saw and it fit right before but not now. The blades bore dia., i believe, matches the inner raised areas of the parts on both sides but neither protrude enough to each inside the blade and hold it in place.
Little purplexed as i don't think i removed a part, i had everything together and i didn't take the spindle apart to replace bearings yet
192707899_4421735267836845_7865501740589139403_n.jpg

Turns out the blade that came with it wasn't sized right but the previous owner had used a spacer to center the blade and i had used it as a washer the pulley nut on the other end so problem averted, though ill be buying some correctly sized blades asap now

Most blades that you can get these days seem to be available only with 30mm hole Vs AGS 16mm arbour, so you need an adaptor, often sold by blade suppliers. Although the adaptors look pretty much like washers they're (a) better cut, so they clip cleanly into the 30mm hole, and (b) are available in thicknesses to match blade (you need adaptor to be just a bit thinner, say 0.25nm, than blade).

Most blades that you can get these days seem to be available only with 30mm hole Vs AGS 16mm arbour, so you need an adaptor, often sold by blade suppliers. Although the adaptors look pretty much like washers they're (a) better cut, so they clip cleanly into the 30mm hole, and (b) are available in thicknesses to match blade (you need adaptor to be just a bit thinner, say 0.25nm, than blade).
I think the one it came with has been brought i just didn't realise and used it as a washer on the other end :rolleyes:😅 I will buy a few new ones along with blades though as its ever so slightly off and the blade is able to move by 0.5mm so im guessing 5/8 arbor, 16mm adaptor. Seems fine for the time being though, the previous owner ran it as such

Back