ags 10 blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveF

Established Member
Reaction score
what saw blade do you recommend for ripping hardwood on a wadkin ags 10 5/8 arbour

Steve

I think Bennet Saws is the last circular saw blade manufacturer left in Britain now that Atkinson-Walker as closed down. Apparently, the Bennet Blades are very good although I've never tried them. The Atkinson-Walker blades were second to none and it's a true shame they closed down, you might still be able to pick up new-old-stock from somewhere though.

Swedex I believe are regarded as some of the best blades as well.

You can't go wrong with a Freud blade, they're very good for the price of them.

I personally use CMT blades from Scott and Sargeant and they are excellent with plenty of thick carbide on the blade to have sharpened again and again. S&S also supply OMAS blades which are very good.

I think everything else is pretty mediocre unless I missed some out.

SteveF":sizg02zs said:
what saw blade do you recommend for ripping hardwood on a wadkin ags 10 5/8 arbour

Steve

I use a Freud Industrial 10" rip saw blade thin kerf 24 T on precisely that saw and it is excellent - easy cut with very good finish.

Keith

MusicMan":3pi2wxhs said:
SteveF":3pi2wxhs said:

Steve

I use a Freud Industrial 10" rip saw blade thin kerf 24 T on precisely that saw and it is excellent - easy cut with very good finish.

Keith
I could not seem to find this in uk

Steve

That blade has a kerf of c2.4mm, standard blades are c3.2mm. The riving knife is normally c2.5~3mm thick as standard for the Wadkin. This combination won’t work and you will need to change the riving knife to use this blade.

Latest posts

Back