Aged B&D drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boggy

Established Member
Reaction score
My old drill died recently and I can't find the replacement part on any of the sites. I think the problem is the switch.
The model No is S1L2 and the drill was made in 1981! Any ideas as to where I can get a new switch?

If the switch isn't available from a spares supplier then the simplest way to source a replacement is to buy another drill from eBay and cannibalise it for parts.

A few years ago I needed a new switch for a 70-year-old planer I was restoring, but no-one I contacted had anything suitable. While searching online I came across a company based in California which stocked the exact switch I required, so I ordered about five of them. A week later the planer was fixed, so I bought another project to work on - a Black and Decker saw of similar vintage, and lo-and-behold it used exactly the same switch... Could have saved two weeks of time and £20 import taxes on a handful of measly parts if I had known better.

Mark

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

boggy":1a35sdee said:
My old drill died recently and I can't find the replacement part on any of the sites. I think the problem is the switch.
The model No is S1L2 and the drill was made in 1981! Any ideas as to where I can get a new switch?
Have you got a picture of the switch? I have some 80’s B&d switches in the workshop.

Phil

Thanks for your help. I will be visiting Slough soon so will visit the B&D Customer Service shop and see if they will do a trade-in.

Back