• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Aga or Rayburn free

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd charge him £100 to take it away. And it's not a woodburner as such. You can burn wood on it but it'd need to be very dry, cut up small and stoked every half hour or so.

Only one oven so methinks not an aga.
You are probably correct. I had a four oven solid fuel aga and that had a circular hot plate above the firebox with an inset circular lid to feed the coal in. What made me think it was an aga was the shape of the door lugs and the colour. The advert really needs to show the doors and the top. It interested me but I have no use for it, thought someone on here may be interested.

You are probably correct. I had a four oven solid fuel aga and that had a circular hot plate above the firebox with an inset circular lid to feed the coal in. What made me think it was an aga was the shape of the door lugs and the colour. The advert really needs to show the doors and the top. It interested me but I have no use for it, thought someone on here may be interested.
Yes it's a Rayburn. Had one the same many years ago with a water tank attached at the left hand end with a tap. Pre mains water - we fetched it from a well in buckets. The tap was high enough to put a tin bath under it to fill. Actually very useful then but very obsolete nowadays!

Yes it's a Rayburn. Had one the same many years ago with a water tank attached at the left hand end with a tap. Pre mains water - we fetched it from a well in buckets. The tap was high enough to put a tin bath under it to fill. Actually very useful then but very obsolete nowadays!
Thank you for that. We had a solid fuel four oven aga for over 25 years. Used it every winter, it was great for heating the kitchen and cooking. Four hundred year old house, great to have one room which was always warm in winter. Serviced it myself once a year. Sold the house about five years ago. New owners removed the aga.

Think it’s a Stanley I have an oil one.

Attachments

• 0438F978-74A8-48BD-BB19-9F6ECEACE8F0.jpeg
    0438F978-74A8-48BD-BB19-9F6ECEACE8F0.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back