Afternoon all.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just joined the forum and thought it only polite to say hello and introduce myself.
Pete is the name and I am something of a novice with wood, but I have finally arrived at a place in my life where i have a little spare time and enough space in the garage to set up some tools and work. Maybe not ideal, but it will do for me. Except for the fact that it is flipping freezing down there at the moment!

Welcome Pete

You are in the same position as me :D

I also have just joined and am building a bench at the moment ....getting my material cut to size at the timber yard

as i have hardly any tools at the moment but that will all change once bench is finished :D

Dave

Hi Pete

Welcome!

Just keep away from any threads to do with planes/sharpening and you'll be fine. :) :)

Hi, Pete

Welcome.

Good to see another Notts/Derby member, we must have the highest concentration of members.

Pete

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Feeling at home already. The Notts area seems to be very well represented here too. :D

I shouldn't really moan about working in the garage I know as some folk only have a shed and outside to work in!

bodge":3b5nw0oc said:
Except for the fact that it is flipping freezing down there at the moment!

You should be where I am, workshop in old barn, plenty of space but temperatures last week were -25C at night and -15 during the day :shock: I have a wood burning stove but there's no way it can cope with that so I don't go there in winter.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

Back