Aftermarket Rip Fence

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob the Train

Reaction score
Hello All,
Newbie here. I'm trying to source an aftermarket rip fence for my Evolution Rage5-S table saw. I've tried tuning the OEM but it still has a slight jiggle in it. any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
I'm also wondering about the best way to rout an 8" (roughly) wooden hoop for a clock face. Cheers.

I have an Evo table saw and honestly you're talking about dropping a fair chunk of its original cost to fix the fence.

Can you explain the jiggle you get? I have the same saw and the fence is actually better than the £600 bosch I sold a while ago.

There are an infinite number of "circle router jig" videos and instructions for your clock face.
Just dont cut the inner one first :lol:

DBT,
There is no jiggle after I lock the fence but a bit of movement before. I think I will try holding the fence tightly against the table before I lock it. Do you know if there is adjustment for upright square as opposed to lenghtwise square? Cheers.
Sunnybob,
I have looked at a number of Youtube videos and most just show circle cutting, not external than internal cutting. If you know of one, could you send me a link, please? Cheers.

I always push the fence toward the table to move it so that it's registering on all its contact points so it's not been an issue. I've not looked at vertical adjustment if I'm honest.

Same problem with the slop in the fence. It's as if the runners that the fence slides on are too small for the slot. These allow you to rotate the fence by a few degrees before locking. This results in rips being less than perfect. Looks like it just needs new plastic runners underneath the fence and a better hook on the opposite end to grab the table. - Same issue is present on the Ridgid saw which was resolved with this - . Any fixes for the Rage 5s

I have the same saw and I have tge same fence issue I also think the table top itself is not flat/flush. Looking for a jet saw

Back