Aftermarket Rip Fence

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallaceandsons

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, the fence in my Scheppach Ts82 is really bad, wanders around, really awful action. What would guys recommend to replace it?

I spent a day or two searching a couple of months ago. I couldn't find a single sutable fence. Someone suggested the incra but it was far too expensive for me.

Let me know if you find anything. Loads in the USA. UK seems to have zero choice when it comes to replacement fences

I have the Axminster one. It's very solid, and you could use other extrusions if you wished (it's a single clamp bolt to the sliding carriage). I bought one for the bandsaw, but at the time it was a very good deal so I ordered two. Second one is for the TS200, but I still haven't had time to rebuild it. One of the main things I want the saw for is cutting the lids off boxes, so the tall configuration of the fence will be very handy. I"m not sure if it will be in the way for other tasks though, so may use a lower arm on it too. It doesn't clamp to the back rail, just rests on it. with a nylon slider.

All that said, it's rather overpriced for what it is. It's not a complex kit, and it's now about 50% more than when I bought mine. There are various DIY approaches out there, including a very solid design from Mr. Maskery of this parish.

The other issue is that the fitting kit expects a fairly thick squared-off table at the front edge, to which you bolt the L-shaped brackets for the rail. This is fine for my bandsaw, but not for the TS200, as that has a flange. You might have a similar issue - not insurmountable but some fettling required, possibly taking a hacksaw to the saw table (to cut notches in the flange for the mounting brackets).

HTH,

E.

If I hadn't bought mine, I'd be sorely tempted to make up Steve's one.

I also have the Axminster one albeit what looks like the previous version to the one you linked, though quite similar. It's good but at £100 it was expensive for what it is so unless the newer one has been drastically improved it might be vastly overpriced.

Having said that, it does do the job adequately and it is quite versatile so I don't see why it wouldn't fit on your machine. You may need to tap some new holes for it though.

Back