Absolutely. It's horrible, nasty stuff to use and I for one find the dust irritates my hooter and tubes, but once it's been made into something it's brown and bland and ought not to cause any problems. Good also outdoors - RobED65":prf7c29v said:The main concern with all woods that are potentially toxic is your safety when working it, rather than to users of the finished article. But that said, iroko is known to be particularly irritating. If in doubt don't use it.
HSE document on toxic woods if you've not seen it, http://www.hse.gov.uk/pUbns/wis30.pdf