AEG maxi 26 plus

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbrown61

Reaction score
Hi

Some help needed please, I have an AEG maxi26 that has died, was working fine one minute then dead as a dodo I dont have the manuals for this machine just some hap hazard thing which is mainly in french. I have been told there may be an internal trip on this machine but have no idea where it may be any help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks
Jim

Look inside the NVR switch, there is normally a small button usually quite near the wires that got to the motor. This is the thermal cut out and it might have popped out either if there is a fault or if you had been running the machine hard or perhaps overloaded it.

Bob

machineswitch.png

where the arrow is pointing there are 4 small plastic squares that if you depress one of them all depress, if you depress them whilst power is connected then the machine kicks into life even if the isolator switch is depressed there are 2 power switches and 2 stop also 1 isolator switch shown on the first pic

The switch with the green tag, should be a normally open and the red one should be a normally closed switch.

These power the contactor coil.

If when you work the contactor manually, it does NOT hold in, then either the red switch is not working or the coil is open circuit.

If when you work the contactor manually, it DOES hold in, then the red switch and coil are OK but the green switch may be at fault.

You will find a diagram of typical contactor wiring in my motor write-up from which you can fault find your set up. Look at figure 9.

Note that your system does not appear to have the normal thermal overload trip that I show in fig 9 and mentioned in my first reply.

Bob

Normally I would agree with you Ian, but the Op has already said that the motor runs if the contactor is manually operated.

It is a curious arrangement and may have come from a highly safety sensitive establishment as the lower switch looks like it has the capability to have up to 3 padlocks fitted to isolate the power.

Bob

I had this machine years ago and had a problem with the switch. Unfortunately I can't remember the details except it was wrongly wired and burnt out twice. The third replacement was same switch wired properly and went for years It's a three phase a switch so looks more complicated than it needs to be.
But before you bother with the main switch you need to check the three (4?) cut-out switches - 2 on the body, 1 behind the door.

Checked the cream coloured box no thermal trip there, all stop switches seem to be working correctly, the lockable cover automatically depresses another cutout button although it doesnt appear to be a nvr switch like the main button. On other NVR switches when they cock up seem to still work while you depress them just wont stay depressed this one doesnt do anything :(

Having a good look around the machine I cannot find any other switches or anything that looks like a thermal cutout reset

There's a thermal cut out in each of those 4 black bits (I think). Do any of them look over heated at all?
NB I could be talking pea's as it's a long time since I dealt with my machine and it could have been quite different.

PS have you checked the fuse in the plug? We've all been caught out that way at least once!

Latest posts

Back