AEG HTH 75 manual or instructions?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beanwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

Long shot time....

I have just been gifted an AEG HTH75 electric planer. It's a fairly old hand held thing, which has two blades.

The blades are held in holders, in a rotating drum as you'd expect, but one of the blade holders is currently detached, and I really can't see what holds it in place.

Does anyone have a manual, or any experience with these please?

Thanks Pete

I tried a Gggogle search before I asked - honest!;)

One of the sites contains words only, (i.e. No diagrams, which it refers to) and also doesn't seem to relate to my machne
The other (Pickaflick) requires credit card details, which I'm not keen on addingt a completely unknown (to me) website.

The first had a few illustrations and a million languages and the second I didn't delve too deeply into. It is quite possible there are other places to get a manual with different search terms. Any chance it was sold under a different brand name?

One way to pay on a site you might not know about is to get another card with a very low limit, say 50 pounds or so and use it for internet purchases only. If it is compromised you can cancel it quickly and not be out much. I have to admit I don't have one and should follow my own advise. 😉

Pete

Disregard this posting. (Yet to work out how to delete a post that isn't of use to the OP thread). Hopefully the 2nd posting I made will.

@Beanwood that 2nd link that Pete (@Inspector ) posted does go to some other forum and if you select the post from the guy that said he got one from *link* it goes direct to a download site with free downloads. Would look like your best bet but I didn't go further than following the link to the download page - it may go to something for card details but it does say its a free download site!

Last edited:
@Beanwood that 2nd link that Pete (@Inspector ) posted does go to some other forum and if you select the post from the guy that said he got one from *link* it goes direct to a download site with free downloads. Would look like your best bet but I didn't go further than following the link to the download page - it may go to something for card details but it does say its a free download site!

That's what I was actually suggesting and not subscribing etc. The link worked and that was as far as I went before linking. Sorry for the confusion.

Pete

No problem guys - thanks for trying to help.

I've googled again - and it really isn't that popular - so much so that this request shows up on page 1 of the 78 search results!

It's interesting that it won design awards in 1973!! (Only 48 years ago!!)
The condition of mine looks reasonable, however, I've got to say, having worked it out a little more - it looks downright scary.. You can turn it upside down, and clamp it to a table top (With the supplied clamp) and run it as a sort of jointer - albeit with no guards or guides!!!

H&S was a little different back in the day...

I may just put it back in the box and walk away slowly...

1973!!! Probably why the difficulties of finding the manual - although there is one site (my manuals) that says it has it available for £1.49... think you have to register though?

Plenty of YouTube videos on setting up an electric planer as a 'jointer' and building into a jig/housing - have thought of doing something similar with my old B&D one... not quite as old as the one you have though 😉

Back