AEG 18v Drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selly

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking for an 18v Drill driver li-ion for various uses. Screwfix sell dewalt and makita at a decent price but with only one battery - not sure I want just one.

Seen an AEG 18v 3.0ah with two li-ion for £180. Seems good. They are better than Ryobi aren't they?

selly":15zcc8ni said:
Looking for an 18v Drill driver li-ion for various uses. Screwfix sell dewalt and makita at a decent price but with only one battery - not sure I want just one.

Seen an AEG 18v 3.0ah with two li-ion for £180. Seems good. They are better than Ryobi aren't they?
I can't comment on the 18v drill, but I use a little mini 12v AEG (2 Li-on batts) which is great...made in Germany so build quality is pretty good and all the power I need for normal 'shop use - Rob

selly":2jgzee6r said:

Wouldn't buy another drill-driver with only one battery, guarantee it'll be/go flat right when you need it. Plus if the one goes faulty getting another can be as expensive as buying a new drill.
I have Ryobi 18 + and can't really fault them for the price though the batteries take a lot longer than the stated time to recharge fully, not a problem for me as I have acquired about six over the last year or so, and they're only 1.7ah .

Not AEG but I would heavily recommend a Panasonic, I rate them better than Festool if you do not want to go Dewalt which I also like over the years.

AEG are better than Ryobi but they are really heavy.
I would suggest you the Panasonic 18v or 14.4v...miles better than dewalt.
If you have any questions just ask

AEG and Ryobi are owned by the same mother company and are part of the same group, who also own Milwaukee interestingly!. They are American owned and built in Germany, but obviously they are built under different regulations and different amounts of money are filtered into each company based on quality of the tools. Milwaukee being the pinnacle of the brand followed by AEG then Ryobi.

Saying that they are all good power tools and, as i have always said, you get what you pay for and tools are more of an investment than a cost. If money was no object or you are using your tools everyday under high strains then defiantly invest in Milwaukee!!!
terra dac tools are where i purchased my milwaukee stuff from. Have a look!!!

AEG owners TTI group are Hong Kong Chinese. What little production they have in Winneneden(D) is being moved, some to the Czech Republic, most to China. A shame that three letters which stood for a century of German engineering excellence is now just marketing toss.
They posted record profits recently - someone's buying it
Matt

Back