Advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Splintez

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all, Can anyone help please?
I use a Rexon VS4003A. I am very happy with it but wonder if spare parts are available and also if parts from other makes would be compatible.
Any help or suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Hello Roy, thank you for replying.
Tried it before and nothing about scrollsaws.

I feel you will find it will be impossible to find spares for your particular machine, once they leave the far east that's it, After sales service is not heard of out there. Having said that many of the machines from China and Taiwan flooding the market come in different guises and many of them are in fact one and the same machine so you could compare yours to some others and see if it is the same. Draper would be a good source for spares as would Axminster tools. Sorry I cannot be more help.

Chippygeoff":1nq7aaia said:
I feel you will find it will be impossible to find spares for your particular machine, once they leave the far east that's it, After sales service is not heard of out there. Having said that many of the machines from China and Taiwan flooding the market come in different guises and many of them are in fact one and the same machine so you could compare yours to some others and see if it is the same. Draper would be a good source for spares as would Axminster tools. Sorry I cannot be more help.
Hi Chippygeoff, thanks for your help. The trouble is getting a close look at other machines.
Think I'll have to save me pennies and get the Hegner clone from Axminster.
Once again thank you for taking time to reply.

I've only just finished saving the money and will be getting the saw in the near future. I'll let you know.
Roy

RoyB":1yes1mb7 said:
Thank you Roy.
Got in touch with a really helpful guy at Rexon.
I've now got a toolless blade change for top and bottom. :D
Just need a bit warmer weather to get stuck into acton again.
How are you getting on with your new saw?

Hi.
It is sometimes better to ring a company rather than just relying on the web site.

How am I getting on with my new saw? It was delivered around the time the temperature started to drop, so I've not used it much yet although I have Hegner blade changing clamps now. Even with these clamps I had problems with internal cuts as the arthritis in my hands makes it difficult to grip the clamp repeatedly when inserting the blade, however Bob recommends the clamps from Mike's Workshop, so when I next order some blades I will try that idea. Everything else about the saw is excellent. There is virtually no vibration, even at top speed and the blade cuts where you want it to. My other saw, a Delta, has significant front to back blade movement so is very aggressive and therefore difficult to control. Using this saw is a pleasure. Can't wait for the weather to improve to give the saw a proper test.

Roy

Latest posts

Back