Advice sought on lamp repair

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
My wife who does cross stitch for a hobby needs her 16 year old craft magnifier repaired.
The lampholder which hangs on a expanding fram e arrangement is suffering from fatigue, the plastic moulding which attaches to the frame as gone and I want to attach a new bracket (made of angle brass to the plastic casing)

What sort of glue or epoxy set up would you use?

(I would purchase a new lamp at nearly £300 but the present model by Daylight is no longer available and after 16 years she like me does not like any changes to her set up)

+1 for JB Weld. Just repaired my fridge door handle with a metal strengthening piece bonded to the broken plastic. So far rock solid and takes a lot of strain. Is very dark grey when set if that is an issue.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I used JB Weld to repair a crack in the radiator header tank on our old motorhome. It held for three years before we swapped it for our new one and may still be going strong for all I know!!!

See photograph of broken area. Thanks for replies to all.

DSCN1060w.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1060w.jpg
    DSCN1060w.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,006
From the picture is it correctly assembled or should the end of the shaft be between the two semicircular extrusions .For a repair a piece of angle shaped to fit could be bolted to the main body to replace the broken part especially if the above is correct .

You are correct, the shaft as lost the front screwed support and will be repaired .

But now another breakage as appeared, the main upright connected to the floor base is in trouble. The threaded tube internal screw thread is not holding. Approx tube diameter is around 15mm. Something like loftier might fix? Blud dy iPad creating words. The :D. Loctit e

Back