Advice Regarding Planer (Jointer)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marky701

Reaction score
Hi all,
First post so apologies if this is in the wrong place or the wrong etiquette. Hopefully I attached the images right.

I bought a surface planer (Jointer for the american term, i find this easier to distinguish it from hand planers) from someone I work with, he inherited it from his father and then sold it to me as he already has one.
I made an effort to restore it in the hope to use it, but in reality is just too big (and heavy) to store and use in my 8*6 shed.

I have no idea what brand this is, there doesn't appear to be any markings on it to indicate the manufacturer.
It's a very solid piece of kit - the adjustable fence site like a rock when secured with the handles- by the weight id say cast iron, though I could be wrong, and I'd like to know how much its worth (rough ballpark) so I don't get taken for a mug or come across as trying to scam people.
I've spent a few hours searching online and cant even find an image of this to try and see what make or model it is.

Any pointers of what to even search, or if anyone has an idea of what decade this looks to be from (that's how in the dark I am) it would be very much appreciated. (Bonus points if you know the manufacturer, though I don't expect anyone to know if from the few pics below :lol: )

Planer.jpg
Planer2.jpg
Planer3.jpg
Planer4.jpg
Planer5.jpg

Attachments

• Planer.jpg
    Planer.jpg
    832.9 KB · Views: 338
  • Planer2.jpg
    Planer2.jpg
    575.9 KB · Views: 357
  • Planer3.jpg
    Planer3.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 335
  • Planer4.jpg
    Planer4.jpg
    757.8 KB · Views: 356
  • Planer5.jpg
    Planer5.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 335
It looks a pretty solid lump and I reckon it's fairly old with that exposed drive belt showing. I'd hazard a guess that it could be a Coronet of some sort? - Rob

Thanks Rob, based on some googling of coroner I think you may be right, seen another coronet with the same handles that adjust the depth of cut. Question is now how much would something like this be worth?

Back