Advice Please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newt

Established Member
Reaction score
I am making up some Oak shelves for a book case. I have to make up each shelf from 3 boards 2 are 3" wide and one 2" wide. I have planned each face and edges however each board is a different thickness. Should I thickness each board before glueing or should I glue up then thickness the completed board?. I have a thicknesser and I intend to join with no 10 biscuits.

I'd thickness them all the same first, then biscuit and glue up.
You could thickness them after (if your machine will take it) but I reckon your safer getting them down to the same thickness first.
Hope this helps
Philly :D

I thickness first then finish the glued boards with a belt sander . Then a ROS .I seem to use no 20 bickies for everything but thats maybe because i buy them in bulk .

JFC":2xcq2kzz said:
I seem to use no 20 bickies for everything but thats maybe because i buy them in bulk .
'Sfunny - I seem to use no 10 bickies for everything for exactly the same reason :wink: :) !

I'd also be inclined to thickness the boards, laminate them, and then sand afterwards. If you laminate the boards very carefully, you should be able to avoid the need for a belt sander and just use a ROS instead.

Gill

Latest posts

Back