advice please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank

Established Member
Reaction score
i am near the end of making a mule chest for my granddaughters first birthday, it was in issue 142 of good woodworking ,in side i have a space between the drawers and i was thinking of putting somethings in it for some one in the future to find (i hope) the space is 14"x2 1/2"x1/2" the wife said i should put a photo of myself holding the granddaughter .what else should i put in .it sounds very simple till you start to think that it might be 50 or a 100 years before its found if it is found ? .sorry i have no work in progress pics but will get some of the finished piece ,a friend of mine carved her name and birthdate on the lid it sets it off a treat.just waiting for issac lord to send me some flap stays the ones that let the lid down slowly

frank

Hi Frank, the Mule Chest sounds interesting, make sure you stick a few pictures in the Finshed Projects section. Look forward to seeing and please let us know what the slow closers work out.
Ref your secret deposit, as well as pictures, things that relate to her and her grandparents now, like a curl of hair, maybe a local newpaper, something she made/drew when at your house, that sort of thing. Now that I think about it, it's not easy deciding!

Noel

Hi Frank - yes,it's a very good question (a bit like Desert Island Discs :wink: )
To add to Noels local newspaper suggestion - how about the front page of a paper from the day she was born ?
If you don't have one,most papers have archives you could get one from (In Darlington,the local paper "The Northern Echo" is available on microfiche in the town library)

Andrew

Hi Frank

When we replaced the bathroom suite in our last house, we placed a copy of the day's newspaper under it and thus behind the panel.

How about a complete set of coins with this years date?
Can you still get mint presentation packs?

Andy

Back