Advice please!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

111belly111

Reaction score
Hello, I am in need of some advice and not sure where to turn so am posting here, in the hope that some of you woodworking gurus might be able to help. My father was a woodworker and before he died he stored his machinery in my cousin's basement, in London. She wants to clear it and I need advice as to how best to get someone to come and look at the lot. There is a vintage Myford lathe, some Elu and DeWalt parts, among lots of other things. It's been all there for a while so all a bit rusty and suited to someone who would want to restore it to its former glory. Can anyone point me in the right direction, as to how to go about finding someone that would be interested and hopefully offer a fair price for the lot? It's all very emotional and overwhelming. I do not want it to go to scrap, my father would haunt me till eternity for that! Sorry about the essay. Hope I've posted in the right place? Thanks :D

Sorry for your dilemma, an all to familiar problem.

One suggestion I have is that you contact a Wood turning club adjacent to you to see if they have local members that could advise you.

A list of Turning groups in the UK can be found on the AWGB web site.

https://www.awgb.co.uk/club-list/

There may be a Forum member local to you who could also advise, no doubt any who see this thread and can assist will contact you.

Thank you so much. Yes, that's a great idea. Part of my problem is that it's all dismantled and difficult to photograph, so I'm having difficulty identifying the various parts. I should have paid more attention when I had the chance, I thought I was doing pretty well knowing the difference between a rabbit plane a box plane!

Stanleymonkey, I am unable to reply to your very kind message as I haven't been on the forum long enough. I don't know how to get in touch and presume I can't post personal info on the public board!

I didn't realise that you couldn't send PMs when you join.

I think it's related to the number of posts. You can go around and click on a few threads and make a generic comment to bump up your totals if you want.

Back