advice please bandsaw blade wander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunggaur

Established Member
Reaction score
hi folks just setup my record BS350 bandsaw with a 3/4 tuffsaw re-saw blade

the blade is great and flies through the the oak.

however i just tried to re-saw a piece of 5 inch thick by 2 in wide oak against the the rip fence into 2 pieces 5 x 1.

i set the rip fence 1 inch from the blade and did a test cut on a 1 inch thick piece which cut fine clean and straight.

when i can the cut the 5 inch piece against the rip fence the blade started to wander about 3mm to the right away from the fence and then jammed the machine.

should i be re-sawing freehand or is it possible to setup the saw and re-saw against the fence without the blade wandering

many thanks

jon

Having just purchased the same and using tuff saws blades have you have you lowered the Throat to just above the height of the piece cutting also on the throat and below table you can adjust these disc things to nearly touch the blade which I believe keeps blade straight. Sorry for the unusual explanation but a newbie to b/saws but learnt this recently.

yep done that throat is 3 mm above the piece and the guide bushes have a gap the thickness of a piece of paper between them and the blade as detailed in the setup video.

Latest posts

Back