advice on wood for a bathroom

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicholaswebb

Reaction score
hello there,

i was wondering if anyone could help me identify dome wood, and give me some advice..

I am planning to redo my bathroom, and my wife really likes the design of this bathroom in the picture attached. I'm struggling to work out what kind of wood this might be on the floor - any ideas?

I know wood is generally not a great idea in such a changeable climate as a bathroom, but it clearly can be done. I was thinking of using cedar like they do in saunas, but my wife thinks its too light - she really wants a darker wood like in the pic. And i'd definitely not want to use laminated wood as i think it would be a bit cheap looking..

thankyou very much in advance!

nick

http://www.preedyglass.com/painted/Picture%206.gif

http://www.preedyglass.com/painted/Picture%208.gif

Attachments

• Picture 6.gif
    Picture 6.gif
    75.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Picture 8.gif
    Picture 8.gif
    73.7 KB · Views: 127
Maybe it's Amtico?

If it was possible to identify from the picture, you would still need to source it, so I reckon your best bet is to spend a happy hour or two in a bathroom/flooring showroom and find something you both like.

Thanks for the reply Andy!

I hadnt looked at that Amtico before...thankyou very much, good shout! i really wanted to steer clear of anythign engineered (just because i love proper wood), but i guess i may have to go down that route. showroom it is!

We used Teak in many wet situations, like the old draining boards onto the Belfast sinks (now in fashion again) as Teak became too expensive Iroko took its place.
My son has a sink, now a flower box, that we rescued from a chemicals lab. made completely from Teak, no glue, just clever joints and four thin brass rods.

Back