Advice on which planer thicknesser to get

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taffy Turner

Established Member
Reaction score
Having gradually built up my workshop over a few years, it is now time to invest in a planer thicknesser.

I have absolutely no experience in this field, and so would be grateful for some advice from the experts.

I will only be using the machine on a hobby basis. Ideally I would like it to be able to handle boards of 10" width or more.

It must be single phase, easy to set up and convert from one mode to the other, and not too huge, as space is somewhat limited.

My budget is £500, but I could stretch a point to circa £700 if there was an overriding benefit in so doing.

I have been considering the DeWalt one (£700 on offer at the moment), also the yellow one (can't remember the model) in the Axminster catalogue (£500)

Fire away with the advice guys and girls - I am ready! :D

Hi

SIP would fit the bill

Loads of posts here discussing it.

Mine is great and comes in well under budget for you

cambournepete":pt76rf8x said:
Having just bought the Record Power PT260 (see this thread, I have to suggest you get it (find them at a show for a bargain)

Pete,

I must admit that I was tempted by the Record at the Yandles show. I would be very interested to hear how you get on with the machine and how you rate it once you get it set up an running.

I have a Record lathe, bandsaw, grinder and dust extractor, and I am reasonably impressed with the quality on those - please keep us posted.

Gary

No disrespect John, but didn't Kity go bust a while back?

What is the situation with regards to service and support - particularly spares?

I may be interested in your machine if spares etc are still readily available.

Cheers
Gary

Latest posts

Back