advice on Record TSPP250 request

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
My new tspp250 record tablesaw has the extra of a pull through attachment whereby a lever is pulled and the blade travels down the throat and provided the timber is fastened down (using the mitre fence) will make a decent cross cut.

However on releasing the lever the blade returns to a normal tablesaw position. but on my model the blade is not fixed like a normal table saw.
This means that the blade is floating unless I turn a plastic toggle to set the blade in a normal stationery position.
Do other users saws of this model automatically relock themselves or do they also have to operate a plastic toggle to lock up the blade?

Could be dangerous if you forget to turn plastic knob????????

Devonwoody,
mine used to do exactly as you describe. I stripped the unit down and retensioned the spring and realigned the plastic catch and it work Ok after that.

Thanks John,

I thought it shouldn't do that. No mention in the Record manual re this operation or warnings.

Guess it means another telephone call to the suppliers, I reckon they will start running for the hills this morning.

My blade is locked when the red plastic lever catch on the pull-through arm is at 3 o'clock. I need to turn it from that position to allow me to use the draw mechanism. Then, once the lock is disengaged by a slight pull on the pull-through, I can set the catch back to the locking position. If I don't return the catch to 3 o'clock then the blade does not lock when returned and I can use the pull-through again.

Occasionally I have found that even with the red catch at 3 o'clock the blade does not lock unless I pull it forward a few mm for the lock to engage in the notch in the draw arm. You may also need to clear the sawdust out of that notch.

I wonder whether you would be questioning functionality if you were doing multiple pull-through cuts and had to release the catch before each cut?

I don't think you should necessarily expect it to lock automatically unless you set the red catch to the correct locking position. It is just another thing to check after switching the power off if the pull-through isn't being used again. Then again, you could always just leave it locked and not use the pull-through.

thanks johnb for your comments

But I still think it should return to locked position automatically after every pull through like Feldermans does.

Back