Advice on my first wood turning lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vin T

Reaction score
I am looking at buying my first wood turning lathe and I have had my eye on the Axminster AC240WL.
They have recently gone out of stock and I was hoping somebody could recommend an equivalent lathe for similar price and quality since money is very tight.

Thank you for any help you can give.

The best wood lathe for a beginner in my opinion is the Delta 460 mini-lathe. It is a powerhouse of a lathe that comes in a compact body. Its sturdy built and wait provides great stability. Plus it is a reliable brand that has been in the game for decades. Also, it isn't that expensive, especially when u consider the value it provides in such a budget.
If you want further info, this comprehensive article on beginner lathes might prove helpful.
Wish you luck!

I would really strongly recommend contacted your local woodturning club. AWGB website had locations. Even with covid-19, clubs will have helpful users who can discuss your needs.
Better still, pay for a lesson with a pro and that should help you decide the route you favour

The best wood lathe for a beginner in my opinion is the Delta 460 mini-lathe. It is a powerhouse of a lathe that comes in a compact body. Its sturdy built and wait provides great stability. Plus it is a reliable brand that has been in the game for decades. Also, it isn't that expensive, especially when u consider the value it provides in such a budget.
If you want further info, this comprehensive article on beginner lathes might prove helpful.
Wish you luck!
I'm sure your advice is sound .............. for people in the U.S. Most of those brands aren't known in the UK, and the ones that are probably aren't available.

Back