Advice on lathe purchase

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(I wonder if such scrapers are around nowadays!)

They are and relatively inexpensively too, I bought a couple of sizes of triangular and "shoe -last shaped" scrapers from a Chinese company last year to scrape in the bearings on a friend's 0-6-0 hunslet tank engine...

From that experience I think finding smaller sizes for less gargantuan bearings would be quite easy

I think you can get oil resevoirs for these, you fill them up and set a flow that way you keep the bearing in yop condition, or as good as they are.

I think you can get oil resevoirs for these, you fill them up and set a flow that way you keep the bearing in yop condition, or as good as they are.

£22 for a pair of drip-feed type oilers, well worth the investment.

I've used Myfords fitted with the little cup type oilers with a sprung cap where you fill the cups with 5-6 drops of oil at the start of each use, and they're pretty good, but if you're doing a long period of turning it's essential you oil it every couple of hours and again at the end; as an occasional user they're probably more economical as long as you remember to use them.

Back