Advice needed on router table dust extraction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubadoo

Established Member
Reaction score
I get a bit confused about this. Routers tend to produce small chips and fine dust so what type of extractor do i need? HVLP or LVHP?

At the moment I just have a Festool CTL26 and CTL MIDI. Are these up to the job or do i need a 100mm hose jobbie? I have a small, already fairly full, workshop (don't we all! :lol: )

I've been considering the Incra cleansweep collection box and insert rings as they look impressive in use.

And guidance appreciated.
Cheers
Dave

I use both, LVHP attached to the fence & HVLP attached to the box that houses the router giving me extraction above & below the table.

Hi there

I find extraction rather hit and miss. I have a Kreg table and fence with the big Triton router and have tried extraction on the fence but its success depends upon the cutter being used. I have a large plastic tub under the router which catches quite a lot but always wear a mask and eye protection as it can be messy.

Roy

Doug B":t95rij3b said:
I use both, LVHP attached to the fence & HVLP attached to the box that houses the router giving me extraction above & below the table.

Hi Doug,

Which extractors are you using and did you make a diy enclosure box or buy one?

Thanks
Dave

The extractor boxes under routers is find curious, the router itself blows downwards (or upwards in a table) So we try and pull the dust against that? I try and get a hose directly overhead using locline if the fence extraction doesn’t catch it

Aidan

TheTiddles":2yquw4td said:
The extractor boxes under routers is find curious, the router itself blows downwards (or upwards in a table) So we try and pull the dust against that? I try and get a hose directly overhead using locline if the fence extraction doesn’t catch it

Aidan

But that doesn't work doing Dados does it?. I'm intrigued by the cleansweep after watching their video. Of course they may well have had it hooked up to a stupidly powerful extractor! :lol:

Hi Dave.
I use a camvac running through a cyclone for the fence extraction, I have an old Axminster extractor for HVLP which has a fine filter this connects to the side of my homemade router table via a 6” hose.
The whole thing sits on my bench when in use & under it when not, I can take a couple of photos if it’s of interest? I made it as small as possible as I don’t use it much but it’s handy for little jobs that aren’t worth setting the spindle moulder up for.

Hello all, old thread I know but Im also curious to know how others' have their extraction. I'm looking to build a router table/workbench and the HVLP below/LVHP above seems like a sensible solution.

@scubadoo Did you go with the clean sweep in the end?

Hi Dave.
I use a camvac running through a cyclone for the fence extraction, I have an old Axminster extractor for HVLP which has a fine filter this connects to the side of my homemade router table via a 6” hose.
The whole thing sits on my bench when in use & under it when not, I can take a couple of photos if it’s of interest? I made it as small as possible as I don’t use it much but it’s handy for little jobs that aren’t worth setting the spindle moulder up for.
I'd really like to see this Doug, please. The idea that a bulky Camvac can sit on your bench intrigues me.

Back