Advice for router table build

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been looking,

JESSEM Rout-R-Lift Prestige with Blank Plate at £273

INCRA LS 17 Range Super Joinery Fence System METRIC Version at £470

This is also very interesting, Original INCRA Jig - METRIC version INCRA Jig | FINE TOOLS for £61

I bought the original INCRA (metric) jig from WoodWorkers Workshop recently. You can make your own custom fence to go with it or buy the compatible INCRA fence. Together they cost about £135. Seems like a great system, though I'm still learning how to use it. It's probably worth buying the INCRA template guide (metric) as well. I need to order a copy.

I reg run up quite a lot of small/fine/delicate mouldings......often up to 3m long.....
I always use wide stock and cut off on the table saw to size....
then just joint the edge and start again......
soooo much safer and works well.....
my router table is a cheapo all ally portable unit, 2 adjustable fences with a 3hp Hitachi hanging under it.....
be nice to have a router lift but thats for the future.....this has served me well for many years.....

I made my router table from an offcut of kitchen worktop with white melamine top, a Kreg insert for a Triton TR1, & UKJ fence with fine adjustment kit. The base is a wheeled cabinet with door allowing easy access to speed control & spindle lock.

Back