Advice for M148 dowelling jig clamp

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jt922554

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a Marples m148 dowelling jig with rod extensions and 4 dowelling guides. Trouble is, I only have 1 clamp. Anyone know a workaround I can use? The rods are 1.2 metres long but I am unable to secure the rods sufficiently to use the jig at anywhere near the full length. I have tried using a wooden block but that was a failure.
Any help much appreciated.
JT

Thanks for the reply. Ok, I'll take some and put them up here..
Thanks for the reply. Ok, I'll take some and put them up here..
The attached photo's show the length of the jig and where I have put the clamp. The other end (near the butt stop?) will move quite easily. I just need a way to secure that end without it moving willy nilly.

Attachments

• M148 Dowelling jig.jpg
    M148 Dowelling jig.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 0
  • m148 guide only.jpg
    m148 guide only.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 0
  • m148 guides and clamp.jpg
    m148 guides and clamp.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 0
The attached photo's show the length of the jig and where I have put the clamp. The other end (near the butt stop?) will move quite easily. I just need a way to secure that end without it moving willy nilly.
I managed a work around for this. Instead of using the long rods for drilling all the holes in one leg, I used two m148 jigs with short rods to do each set of holes in the leg. it took longer but at least it got done.
I will post pictures shortly

Back