Adjusting my BS350 bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeElms

Established Member
Reaction score
Inspired by 'Workshop Essentials 4', I started following the steps outlined to setup my Record Power BS350 bandsaw more accurately.

On checking whether the wheels were coplanar, I discovered that the bottom wheel was about 5mm behind the plane of the top wheel. WE4 indicates that this can be adjusted by undoing the bolts that position the axle for the bottom wheel. I've undone the bolts, but the axle doesn't want to move.

The manual makes no mention of any adjustment to the bottom axle. Does anyone know what I need to do to make this adjustment ?

Thanks in advance ...

Hi Lee
If the bearing is tight on the shaft, the rather glib statement to loosen the bolts and adjust its position may be easier said than done! :)

However, the good news is that 5mm is a very small amount, so unless you were unable to track the blade at all before, I'd say you can leave it at that. If it were 12mm or so, I'd worry more. You may need a bearing puller to move it, but you could damage the bearing.

I hope you undid each bolt by a known number of turns - the E-W bolts determine the tracking of the blade on the wheels WRT each other. If they are unbalanced the blade will be shrugged off like your overcoat. So do them up again by the same amount.

Regards
Steve

Back