Adjusting Bench Planer Infeed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudman

Established Member
Reaction score
Trying to stay in one piece in South Wales
Hi,

Does anyone know how, if possible, to adjust the infeed table of the SIP 6" bench planer?
Got this yesterday and all set up but the infeed table seems to be out by about 0.2mm across the width.
Or should I not worry about such a piffling little amount?

Many thanks,
Barry

Mike,

Thanks for coming back to me.
It doesn't seem to have any model number or anything as such. Just the 6" bench top planer/jointer.
It got a good review from Alan Holtham the other week in one of the woodworking mags, I foget which one.

Cheers,
Barry

Hi Barry

Sorry I haven't seen the SIP planer although I have a 10" SIP Planer/Thicknesser. I cannot adjust the infeed table on this without major work.

Are you sure it isn't the blades that are out? These have an adjuster screw to allow one to set them in perfect alignment with the outfeed table

Cheers

Tony

No, either fence is slightly warped or it's the table. The outfeed is dead square to the fence but the infeed is that little bit out.
I've got a feeling that it would take a lot of dismantling to adjust as there's no obvious way of adjusting.
Suppose a whack with a mallet (hammer) is out of the question? :wink:

Cheers,
Barry

Well, came to the conclusion that the infeed table ain't right. :x
It just isn't co-planar with the outfeed and one side is out by quite a bit.
Spoken to a nice man at SIP who tells me that there is no way to adjust it. So, I have to take it back to the shop.

Damn, damn, damn! :x

It always happens to me. Last time it was the 'servicable' #5 1/2 that turned into a heap of rust in the post, then there was the M950 lathe that didn't turn up and when it did half the bits were missing and various threads knackered. Oh, and the grinder with a big chunk out of the wheel. Then there was the clamp where the head snapped off when I tightened it up. Not forgetting the drill with a screw in the chuck that hadn't been fully tightened so stopping the chuck from fully opening. That one went back and I got a DeWalt instead, no problems with that one, lovely drill and you should see where that one's been! So, maybe it isn't every time, but it sure feels like it.

Is it just me. :cry:

Cheers,
Barry

Hi Barry
I sympathize with you
I have had some bad luck with purchases in the past.
But nothing as bad as you.
Commiserations

Best wishes

John

Back