Adjusting 90 stop on Startrite TA165

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian H

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Hoping a fellow owner / past owner might be able to help me. I'm new to the whole making sawdust experience and having recently purchased an old unloved TA165 table saw I'm in the process of 'reconditioning' my lovely saw :)

One item I am particularly confused with is how I adjust the 90 degree stop on the saw, right now I'm at 89.5 degrees and assume I can tweak the stop to get that last .5? Any ideas how I do this, the manual doesn't explain and sadly staring at the parts diagrams isn't helping this green horn!

Appreciate any suggestions / advice.

Thanks in advance
Brian

Loosen the two grub screws that hold the stop in place, move the blade to 90 degrees, retighten grub screws while holding the stop against the peg. 0.5 degrees might be barely noticeable, though :p

Loosen the two grub screws that hold the stop in place, move the blade to 90 degrees, retighten grub screws while holding the stop against the peg. 0.5 degrees might be barely noticeable, though :p
Many thanks, will take a look tomorrow morning :) as you say .5 is negligible and I suspect as a greenhorn I'm probably over dong it :D

Thanks feel a little dumb now having seen how straight forward that was :D :D back at 90 now ;)

Back