Adirondak chairs - timber choice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liking the shed/shack @Glitch - great colour. Think I know where those chairs came from (the larch is the clue).
So a lot of good advice/input, thanks to all.
I'm ruling out iroko now - I'm thinking a local (European) wood is appropriate, just as the originals used their own local suitable timber.
Oak; larch (Russia is Europe. Proof: they were briefly in the Euro cup 'til they met Denmark:ROFLMAO:); chestnut.

I'll see what I can get and report back, might be a while as I have a few things on.....
Lordship Chairs. Pricey but good quality. Not as good as the ones in this thread though!

Shed is finished in Sansin SDF (Saturated) - Baltic Blue. Really impressive (but expensive) product. Loads of colours and different levels of transparency.

Ironically I've clad the shed in Siberian Larch and painted over it, whilst next door are having a garden room built and cladding it in composite made to look like wood. Grain pattern noticeably repetitive!

Toyed with the idea of painting the chairs but I'll let them weather. Process has already started. They take a real beating from the sun in that location.

Back