Adirondack Style Chair and a Bench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syntec4

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
A few weeks ago I completed these.

I don't normaly get wood from B&Q but this time it was too good to let it go. I was in there buying some paint for the Bathroom. As I walked in the trade entrance there was one of them huge trolleys that you can put a full 8x4 sheet on. It was stacked to about head high with all sorts of sizes of pine boards. Most had warped or had big knots or some other defect. However I got the whole lot for £5! -If you dont ask you dont get!

I cut it all up into usable pieces and have kept the bits to put on the Hotspot this winter. These two were made from some of it, I still have enough left to make probably at least 2 more benches. If it ever stops raining, I will be able to use them!

Cheers
Lee.

Lee,

I too particularly like the chair. I made one myself from cheap pine some years ago and as far as I'm aware it's still on the go (if a little wobbly now). My only problem with it was it's size (it was donated locally when we moved house), your's looks rather more compact (probably a result of the curve on the back legs).

I also had a bit of a bench making episode earlier in the year, when the weather was up to it, but have struggled to find a moment dry enough to to use them since.

Cheers,

Dod

Back