• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Adirondack chairs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
I looked for larch around here but struggled to find it. I didn't ring around though, so there may be some.

I am going to try the barrel idea. If it works, there is £50 of timber in each chair, if it doesn't they can be used for a boatload of pen blanks, smoking chunks, etc.

Nelly111s

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm just in the process of finishing a drawing of a chair I've made in Fusion 360. This is it in it's part finished state. I'm happy to provide 2D drawings when it finished, which will be in a few days. I've made this chair and it's comfy (or at least the boss says it is)!

59243baa-8ec1-40f3-a810-e58337776831.PNG

pops92

Established Member
Reaction score
I got the plans for theses I made from America. The stool design is mine. I found that the angle was to steep and you slid in them also to wide so sold the first set. Made them again narrower and changed the steepness. They are spot on now just finished taking the varnish off and repainted. I did 2 different fan back designs the wife got the one on the right I didn't like.🤣🤣
20210408_181141.jpg

johnnyb

Established Member
Reaction score
I get larch cut up and green from a local circular sawmill. inch planks take a few months to dry this time of year. it's a bit soft and knotty but pretty decent. Douglas fir would make a lovely chair.

eribaMotters

Established Member
Reaction score
Here's a set I made this time last year. I thought I'd posted pictures of these before. They are in Iroko and based on the weathered pair in the background bought some 20 years ago. These had been left outside all of this time and never treated. I altered some of the dimensions and made the base frame as a separate ladder type structure with joints of stub tenons to give some rigidity. The footrests took a bit of working out so I made a mock-up out of strips of mdf first to get the ergonomics correct.

Colin
1-1600.jpg
2-1600.jpg
3-1600.jpg
4-1600.jpg

Cabinetman

Established Member
Reaction score
Among other things I make rocking deckchairs, they don’t have rockers in the traditional sense they are built on a trapezium movement.
I think I’m going to have to look at designing a rocking lightweight version of an Adirondack. Wish me luck, they are fiendishly difficult. Ian

Latest posts