Adirondack chair plans

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marcros
My only deviation from the Article and uTube is that I use pocket/hole joinery for all -- except the ten coach bolts as per article; which are the same

The P/Hs are well hidden from both the eye and the weather :)
All P/Hs are glued with Cascamite

Here is a later film version by Norm
My builds are based on the article Link

A couple of years ago I wrote to Steve Shanesy about his article where he visited Norm
He was kind enough to reply :)

I'm not advanced enough to do pocket hole joinery :roll: All of mine were just screwed and glued on the main frame, and just screwed for all the bars. I did get smart enough to put the screws deep and cover with 10 mm plugs on one of the chairs though =D> =D>

I got in touch with the NYW about plans for their chair (Norm is long retired now, there is a company dealing with all his plans and copyrights and millions) But they will not send email plans, only full sized paper plans and templates, which means they can stop people from just copying and emailing them all over without Norm getting his royalties.
Thats why I made up the love seat base because trying to get stuff from the USA to Cyprus involves a couple of months and those customs and excise johnnies.

Norm uses Cypress but that is not so easy to get hold of in the uk. What would be an economic but durable wood to use instead that we can get here?

I made this in 2007 from Western Red Cedar with no finish on it.
Adirondack-001.jpg

Here it is 12 years later
20190628_165841-001.jpg

Just as comfortable.
Made from Norm's plans

Edit: It has been outside all that time

Attachments

• Adirondack-001.jpg
    Adirondack-001.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20190628_165841-001.jpg
    20190628_165841-001.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 43
I just used planed construction grade timber, the cheapest he had in the yard. They have been out side for two wet winters and two baking hot summers and show no signs of deterioration. All parts were painted three times before assembly though
8) 8) 8)

Back