Additional postage costs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyNx

Established Member
Reaction score
Lets say, you ordered something from the USA or Canada. You pay for the item and the shipping costs. The item never turns up so you query the supplier. You then get an email explaining that the post code you supplied was invalid (which is wasn't) and the item got returned to supplier. Now the supplier has sent the item out again but is asking for the shipping costs to be covered.

Do you pay the shipping costs again? (bare in mind that you still may get stung by parcelfarce etc)

It depends whether or not you believe him. Seems a bit odd that you only found out that the postcode was invalid after you contacted him. If he has sent it out 'again', why don't you say you will square up with him when the parcel arrives. That way you have a choice.

Obviously you have been stung :(

I'm guessing but you did supply your postcode by e-mail ? or on the order and got a conformation mail. Don't either of those support your accurate provision of postcode? If you ordered by phone verbally I don't know how you prove it. Does their version of what they thought it was come close? is it deficient in number of characters so they should have known better? Another thought you don't need a valid postcode for delivery if the address is correct, not compulsory yet is it?

Alan

I sent a new post code for the second attempt, my work one. This is a 6 digit post code as the original was 7 digit. I think they are trying to say that the first, was invalid because it has 1 digit too many.

The first postcode was included in the emailed payment details which was via paypal. The address is verified too with paypal.

Why is it simple things like this always go wrong?

May not be the suppliers fault - our s****y postal service can't always be bothered to look up an address so just bounce the parcel.
Happened to me (can't remember what it was now, think it may have been a plane from Jim Bode) Jim(?) sent me the original packaging - with my perfectly addressed original label (according to the post office post code database) and an attached notice, 'Undeliverable - incorrect or incomplete address.'

On contacting parcelforce, it transpires that the drivers aren't issued with GPS, and so if a property doesn't have a number (and getting one is a real pain - I've tried before at a previous address), they often can't be fagged to look for it (six whole houses share my postcode. :evil: )

Also, delightfully, though the fault lies entirely with parcelforce, and the recipient takes the monetary hit for redelivery, the only way to get reimbursed is to get the sender to mess around with claim for compensation.

This really hacks me off - so typical of service standards common in the UK today. But forewarned at leat we can either request use of a private delivery company (UPS, Fedex, etc) or give an alternative delivery address.

There. Feel much better after that little rant. :twisted:

Steve

Back