Adding a table saw to my track saw setup; DeWalt?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prizen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all

Have a track saw that is serving me well for most operations except cuts on narrow stock.

Space ruled out me getting a larger table saw but now considering something relatively small like the DeWalt offering.

Is the Dewalt the best available for a 600 quid budget?

Thanks

Assume you have tried the various jigs that you can make up and a lot of patience?

If you have run out of the patience bit, the Dewalt seems to be the favourite small saw. Unfortunately I simply haven’t got room, so I have to carry on using patience.

Apparently the dewalt is a little noisy due to the brushed motor, but all the small site saws are brushed....

Other than that I think the dewalt is generally well regarded as a good circular saw.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

i have the 7492 dewalt table saw, and as previously quoted is quite noisy, but is strong all round in terms of spec

The Dewalt is a loud as a loud thing in a confined space. Excellent fence. Milwaukee have a model that's very similar, but it runs off an 18V battery - it's supposed to be a more refined version of the DeWalt ( https://uk.milwaukeetool.eu/m18-fuel-one-key-table-saw/m18-fts210/ ) - it is more expensive too, but it's supposed to be quieter and better all round - I don't think there's a mains version.

I picked up one of the Draper CTS200 saws that were floating around cheap. It has an induction motor and a cast iron bed. I think Axminster have a newer variant of that - but an induction motor is the only way you'll get something that's really quiet (whilst it's not cutting) DeWalt screams all the time. The axminster / draper aren't site saws and they're heavy, but I don't have a workshop so the draper is on a mobile cart that I have to drag in and out of the house when I want to use it. Not as convenient as just picking it up and walking outside like with the DeWalt but then I still needed something for the dewalt to sit on whilst cutting. You can of course buy one of their stands. If you have a workshop then you might want to consider an induction motor powered saw. I have few issues moving the draper I have on its cart and the locking wheels ensure it doesn't move when I don't want it to.

I don't know if the Axminster has been updated but my draper has non standard mitre slots which means I need to make any runners if I want to make any sleds or guides. Being unable to use off the shelf mitre slot stuff can be a pain but it's made me get to grips with making my own runners :)

It's difficult to fault the fence on the DeWalt/Milwaukee but the noise is annoyingly loud.

I've got the Dewalt 745, in my opinion it's very good for its size, there's plenty of good reviews for it on t'internet or on here.

Cheers!

Ferenc

I've also got the 745 and find it brilliant for thin stock cuts and repeated cuts, I wouldn't be without it now.
I've also got a Festool TS55 track saw and that's brilliant for breaking down large sheet goods but it comes into its own for very accurate 90°cuts using an mft top and bench dogs.

If you can justify the cost and you've got the space then buy the DW745, it's a fantastic piece of kit and very mobile.

Latest posts

Back