Adaptors for a 1 1/2" dust extractor?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubadoo

Established Member
Reaction score
hello,

I have the Fein QA35 hoover/extractor and want to connect it to my Jet bobbin sander which has a 2 1/2" outlet and my new Jessem router table which is 2 1/2" as well.

I have seen the 1 1/2" to 2 1/2" adaptor at rutlands.

I'd like to get some kind of y-connector so that I could have a hose on the the router fence and one below the table. Does anyone know of anyone who sells 1 1/2" connectors or should i permanently attach 2 1/2" hose to the router table and use a step down adaptor to the fein?

Cheers

Dave

How will that convert a 2 1/2" outlet to a 1 1/2" hose?

Good idea on the 40mm waste fitting, i'll look into that.

Its a rubber bung with a hole in the middle ..lol

Push bung into the outlet hole

Push hose into the bung hole

Lol

but i need something to fit in a 63mm outlet; is the 40mm the outside diameter or the inside. If it's the inside, what's the outside diameter?

scubadoo":3ig3mf7b said:
but i need something to fit in a 63mm outlet; is the 40mm the outside diameter or the inside. If it's the inside, what's the outside diameter?

Yes, trust me the OD is the right size for your outlet and the ID is for your vacuum hose

It's not that hard.

I've just got a new Makita orbital sander today, with a nominally 20mm hose outlet. It measures at around 22mm OD (it's tapering), so some elastic bands make a seal so that a short hoover (er, Numatic) pipe fits, and voila! - dust extraction for, er, nothing. OK I had to cable-tie the short pipe to the sander's handle, so probably 10p then. The 'proper' pipe, from Axminster is £26.20.

When bodging extractor piping, the big thing in your favour is the vacuum - it makes the fittings want to stay together. But I've used DaveyP's adaptor for yer actual plumbing in the past with great success. If it's a tight fit, use talcum powder as lubrication.

E.

Latest posts

Back