Ad stopper in Youtube!!!!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well yes. But you are citing the very small exception rather than the very big general rule, are you not?
It's a bit like saying that writing a novel will make you a millionaire because J K Rowling did it.

I understand why advertising exists on Youtube. The thing that puzzles me is how an advertiser can possibly think that interrupting a video I'm enjoying, and annoying the hell out of me, is ever going to get me interested in their product. In all the years I have watched youtube, I can't recall ever allowing an advert to run its full course. And the more they repeat themselves the more I'm inclined to avoid that product. :roll:

selectortone":39ozdzx0 said:
I understand why advertising exists on Youtube. The thing that puzzles me is how an advertiser can possibly think that interrupting a video I'm enjoying, and annoying the hell out of me, is ever going to get me interested in their product. In all the years I have watched youtube, I can't recall ever allowing an advert to run its full course. And the more they repeat themselves the more I'm inclined to avoid that product. :roll:

Same as ITV, C4, C5 etc.
Product awareness, the fact that a particular ad/product gets on your nerves is successful advertising.

Its the phsycological blunderbus approach, saturate the market with your brand name, so that its in the back your mind next time youre shopping, and accept that only 1 in a 1,000 are actually going to purchase on the first sight of the advert.
It worked for Mr. Hoover, didnt it?
Has anyone ever said "I'm going to Dyson the front room today"? :roll:

+1 for Linux Mint on older machines.
I've installed it on the PC in my shop, without the slightest knowledge of any Linux
distribution. It even let me keep my D partition.
A bit of getting used to is necessary, maybe an hour or 2, but it works very well.

One strangely simple way to watch YouTube videos without adverts is to buy a Google Chromecast and watch YouTube on your TV.
This works for me and I don't think there's anything unusual about the YT channels I'm watching.

Quite how long Google will let us use one of their products to avoid ads on another one - that remains to be seen.

It's not only YouTube that benefits from an ad blocker but your browser as well.
I use Ublock Origin which is " NOT just an "ad blocker" but a wide-spectrum blocker -- which happens to be able to function as a mere "ad blocker".
Available as a plug in for Chrome & Firefox (probably under the tools menu)
- https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock

Edit: It's also just a right click to turn it off for sites such as UK Workshop.

Latest posts

Back